I’m starting an adventure group for women. Does that interest you?
At the moment it’s just an idea to create a small, local group, but it occurred to me that some of you might like to start something similar.
What is Adventure Squad?
Tentatively called Adventure Squad, the main goal is to:
- Meet monthly and encourage each other to be more adventurous.
Then we can:
- Connect with and get motivated by like-minded women;
- Encourage each other to prioritise facing fears, chasing dreams and taking on new challenges;
- Commit to a small adventure each month;
- Commit to a great adventure each year.
What are Adventures?
That’s up to you to decide but I’m hoping to make time for:
- Small adventures – Generally short, they could take an hour, a day or a weekend. Hopefully, you’ll be able to fit in one small adventure every month.
- Great adventures – May take longer or just require more planning and preparation. Hopefully, you’ll be able to organise one great adventure every year.
Solo adventures, adventures with a friend, group adventures or family adventures are all part of the spirit.
Adventures can be mental, physical or emotional. Some adventures may challenge you in every way. Hopefully, your adventures will help you grow stronger and feel more confident.
Here are a few examples to get you thinking:
- Learn something new
- Get a qualification
- Write a letter to the paper
- Research your family tree (or get your DNA tested)
- Eat something you’ve never tried before (probably not chicken’s feet though!)
- Swim with dolphins
- Try Slacklining
- Hike up a mountain
- Go rock climbing
- Run a marathon
- Drive a racing car
- Give a speech
- Go skydiving
- Reconnect with childhood friends
- Fly in a hot air balloon
- Do voluntary work overseas
I’m sure you’ve got plenty of fabulous ideas!
Adventure Squad Values
- Positive – The group creates a positive space to hang out full of good vibes and optimism.
- Open – Being honest and open will help us create deep, meaningful connections;
- Trust – Group interactions should be confidential providing a trusted space to share our dreams and fears;
- Supportive – Everyone has different ideas of adventure but feels supported no matter what they are;
- Inclusive – Everyone has different abilities, time constraints and budget limitations and we all deserve more adventure in our life.
Would you like to start your own Adventure Squad?
As mentioned, this is all brand new! My own Adventure Group in Noosa hasn’t even had its first meeting yet but I have invited some fun, crazy women to join me and set a date in February.
If you’d like to start your own Adventure Squad please leave a comment below.
Then I’ll send you a draft invitation which you can email to friends to get your own group started fast. If there’s enough interest I might start a Facebook page or group so we get inspired and motivated by a global virtual community as well as our own local group.
If you are interested please leave a comment or email me now. Let’s get it going!
Want to feel HOT?
Get free email updates from Get In the Hot Spot – a weekly injection of tips to help you stay active, be more adventurous, have more fun and feel fabulous. Sounds good? Click here now to get our weekly emails.