Australian Travel Blog: Media, Advertising and Sponsorship
Would you like to get your hot brand featured on Get In the Hot Spot? Please email media (at) getinthehotspot.com to request a media kit or find out more.
I’m open to your press trip suggestions and I’ve worked with brands in all sectors of the travel industry including:
- Airlines: Jetstar to launch Hooroo their travel booking website.
- Accommodation: Hotel chains such as Sofitel, Holiday Inn and Mantra and boutique hotels like The Lyall in Melbourne and Kanga Camp in Zimbabwe.
- Travel Booking Agencies: like Wimdu and HotelsCombined.
- DMOs: including press trips to Catalonia (Spain), Puglia (Italy), Canada, Zimbabwe, Japan, China, Canberra and Australia’s Northern Territory.
- Travel Agents: Thomas Cooke, Flight Centre, Thompsons, Holiday Hypermarket, Inghams and TravelBag.
- Cruise Lines: Cunard.
- Travel Insurance and Finance: InsureandGo, Good2Go, HiFX and the Commonwealth Bank.
Travel Articles in Print
These are a couple of examples. Please ask for PDF versions of my print travel articles if you’d like to read them.
Escape Magazine, Sunday Telegraph (Sydney)
- Zimbabwe Tourism Association Trade Fair 2013
- Social Media Tourism Symposium 2013: Working with Bloggers
- Walkleys Media Conference 2011: Blogging as a Business Proposition
- Sunshine Coast Destination Limited – Blogging for Tourism Operators
- Creative Collective – Blogging Success Panel for Small Business Marketing
- Sunshine Coast Women’s Business Network
- Noosa Business Network
- Reality Bites Literary Festival 2010 and 2011 – Blogging for Writers
Online Features and Interviews
My writing has been published on some of the most popular blogs on the Internet including Problogger and Zen Habits and listed Best of Copyblogger 2010. Get In the Hot Spot has featured frequently online including in:
- Top 50 Travel Blogs
- Interview with Annabel Candy about names and branding
- 10 Bloggers Talk About Personal Development
- Interview at MoneyFile.net
- Cheap Flights – Insiders Guide
- World First
- Hotels Combined
Radio and Podcast Interviews
- ABC Radio – About blogging (here), being invited to film a TV show in Catalonia (here) and my Catalunya Experience (here).
- Australian Businesswomen’s Network
- The Creative Penn – Blogging Tips for Writers
- The Amateur Traveler
Australian Traveller – Featured contributor
Sunshine Coast Daily
TV Travel Show
In February 2014 I was invited to Catalonia in Spain to film a TV travel show for TV3 sponsored by Ford, Tourism Catalonia and Estrella beer. The 12 part Catalunya Experience TV show, including one episode starring me, will be released at the end of 2015.
Looking for a freelance travel blogger or copywriter with a proven track record for creating stories that resonate and make people want to share them?
Or would you like to get your brand featured on Get In the Hot Spot?
Either way please email media (at) getinthehotspot.com to find out more or request a media kit. I look forward to helping you.
Leave A Comment