What I’m Doing Now
Friends, clients, readers and media contacts often ask what I’m up to at the moment. So I’m hoping this page will keep you up to date and keep me on track with my goals.
What I’m Doing Now
By Annabel Candy (Australian travel blogger, NZ and UK passport holder)
I’m living in Noosa in Queensland, Australia focusing on these things:
- Being a wife and mum — our oldest son is in his third year at university so we still have three children living with us along with our gorgeous tabby cat Bilbo.
- Writing web copy, blog posts and digital marketing plans for our lovely clients at our digital marketing company Mucho.
- Studying for an MEd in Guidance and Counselling. I completed my Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning at university through an online program in 2016 have successfully completed nine out of eleven courses for my MEd. I’m in my final semester now and completing my thesis. It’s my latest academic challenge and commitment to being a lifelong learner.
- Triathlon training, running, lifting (small!) weights and eating healthy mostly vegetarian food. I need to make more time for meditating as that does help me dial down stress but in the meantime I do a bit of stretching which helps me relax mentally and physically
- Not writing the 52 Exercises book — progress has been sporadic and has stalled as my online studies have picked up..
- Reading — I’ve always got at least one book on the go and am currently loving thrillers – I need an escape and books by authors like Jane Harper and Jane Casey give me a little break from reality.
- Planning more travel and press trips — Once my studies are completed in June I’ll have more time for travel and can’t wait for more adventures. I especially want to get outdoors and offline to go hiking or mountain climbing.
These are my priorities. I say no to almost everything else and can only promote other brands through sponsored posts.
If you would like to hire me, invite me on a press trip or have feedback or suggestions for posts, email [email protected].
Last update: April 30, 2018. (Page inspired by Derek Sivers.)
But enough about me! What are you doing now?
Wow! What a list Annabel. That’s inspiring!
I just held and lead my first Yoga wellness retreat weekend with an introduction to mindfulness. It went really well and I had amazing feedback. So the nest one will be in April 2016. Because I’m getting more and more into mindfulness and would like to spread the word about it and I like to hold more mindfulness courses (maybe even in schools), I looked into some mindfulness training. It was part of my yoga teacher training but I know that there is always more to learn. One that seems to be a prerequisite for many is the MBSR course from University of Massachusetts by Jon Kabat Zinn. So I enrolled in that one and let’s see where this leads me :)
Take good care. Jamila
I’d love to do that course! It sounds as if you’re in action :)
Lots on Annabel. I totally agree that studying something completely new is really good for the brain and for feeling excited about life. I found that with my design and photography course for sure.
All this study is keeping us on our toes I’m sure. I’d like to do something more creative next. The creative side of teaching (planning and making resources) has always been my favourite part!