I’m feeling overwhelmed at the moment ~ I’ve taken on more than I can handle.
Here’s the ridiculous to do list I’m juggling:
– Polish my 68,000 word manuscript and write query letters plus a synopsis for it;
– Continue my travel memoir about Costa Rica;
– Update my blog three times a week with inspiring articles and market it;
– Write travel articles for print media;
– Write web copy for a new client;
– Launch our new web design business in Australia.
Things not on the to do list that I do anyway include caring for a family of five and all the shopping, laundering, cooking and chauffeuring of children that entails. I also volunteer at my kid’s school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays to help with reading and spelling, and on Wednesdays I simply have to go surfing with my new surf buddies. I get up at 6am or earlier every day so I can fit in my exercise because, if I didn’t, I’d go completely nuts and my bum would be roughly the same size and shape as the rear end of a rhinoceros.
Did I mention that I am also battling suspected (by me) attention deficit disorder, bi-polar disorder and addiction? The addiction ranges from various apparently harmless things, like chocolate and checking my blog statistics 200 times a day to other stuff that I’m not ready to share with you yet. But no, it’s not that!
As you can see, something’s got to give and I’m hoping it won’t be my sanity.
Here’s My Plan
- I’m cutting down on updating this blog from three times a week to twice a week. You can still look forward to reading Get In the Hot Spot on Mondays and Fridays. I want to thank all my loyal readers for supporting me so far and promise you that I’ll be doing my utmost to make sure that, although the quantity of articles will go down, the quality will improve.
- I’m only getting on my computer after the kids are in bed to work on my manuscript or write.
- I’m strictly limiting my comments on other blogs to a select few.
- I’m taking the month off from marketing my blog.
So What Have I Learned From This?
- That superwoman is a fictitious character and there’s only so much one normal woman can do.
- That it’s important to pace yourself.
- That it’s good to challenge yourself, but also need to know your limits.
- That maybe I can’t inspire other people to get off their bums and do great things with their lives right now, because I’m too busy working on my own life.
- That it’s good to share. I feel so much better already just for having written this and I’m glad you know that I’m a real person with real issues, not just a writing machine.
Can You Solve A Mystery?
According to my stats there are many more people visiting this site than there are commenting and I’m dying to know:
- Who they all are?
- Where do they come from?
- Why they read this blog?
Are you a lurker? If so, I’m asking you all to stop lurking just this once and take one minute answer these three questions and help solve the mystery. I’d love it if you do.
Thanks for reading and thanks to Maisy, the heavenly howler monkey in Panama, who made my day by climbing on my back.
Please add your comments below and don’t forget to get free updates by email now or with the RSS Feed, if you haven’t already. That way, you won’t miss out!
Please Support Me: Tell People About This Website
If you like this article, please Tweet it or email a friend with the link. My clever computer boffin has added a little tool to make it easier for you to email it to friends, or add it to your favorite social media website. I hear that if you Digg it, or bookmark it on Delicious or Stumbleupon, that will get more readers here. Many thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
>> 10 Things To Be Grateful For and Why You Should Be
>> 1o Ways To Get The Life You Want
>> 3 Keys To Living Our Dream
>> Changing Crappiness Into Happiness
>> Follow Your Dream, You Only Live Once