Friends, clients, readers and media contacts often ask what I’m up to at the moment. So I’m hoping this page will keep you up to date and keep me on track with my goals.
What I’m Doing Now
By Annabel Candy (Australian travel blogger, NZ and UK passport holder)
I’m living in Noosa in Queensland, Australia focusing on these things:
- Being a wife and mum — our oldest son is graduating from high school this year but I’m guessing we’ll still have three children living with us for some time along with our gorgeous tabby cat Bilbo.
- Writing web copy, blog posts and digital marketing plans for our lovely clients at our digital marketing company Mucho.
- Studying a Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning at university through an online program — I have successfully completed three out of eight courses including six weeks of teaching practice at local high schools. I’m about to start my second semester with two more courses. My final semester is from Feb-June 2016 and includes nine weeks teaching practice. It’s my latest challenge and commitment to being a lifelong learner.
- Walking, running, lifting (small!) weights, meditating, eating healthy mostly vegetarian food.
- Writing the 52 Exercises book — this is important to me but progress is sporadic.
- Reading — I’ve always got at least one book on the go and am currently loving Haruki Murakami and Niccolò Ammaniti.
- Planning more travel and press trips — Our next trip will be a family camping holiday in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. I hope to visit the Solomon Islands in 2016 and we’re saving up for a family trip, maybe to Vietnam or another Asian destination.
These are my priorities. I say no to almost everything else and can only promote other brands through sponsored posts.
If you would like to hire me, invite me on a press trip or have feedback or suggestions for posts, email [email protected]
Last update: Nov. 13, 2015. (Page inspired by Derek Sivers.)
But enough about me! What are you doing now?