I’ve already written about the importance of celebrating your successes and recognising what makes you happy. Now it’s time to combine these two ideas and, drum roll, make a cake!
Well, who needs an excuse? What could be more enjoyable than making a cake from scratch? When was the last time you did it?
Kids love baking so it’s fun for all the family and it’s an easy recipe to try even if you’ve never done any baking before. Best of all, when you’ve finished you’ll have the most delicious cake ever, with plenty to feed ten or more people, and after one bite they’ll be friends for life.
Now, I admit, this cake is probably not that good for you, but it’s not like you’re going to make it every day is it? So don’t deny yourselves, pick something you really should celebrate and get baking, then fill your home with the rich aroma of chocolate and the warmth of special friends to share it with.
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Highly calorific and truly delicious. With many thanks to the excellent Kiwi chef, Julie Le Clerc for the recipe.
1 Cup water
250g dark chocolate
2 cups caster sugar
1.5 cups Self Raising Flour
0.25 cups cocoa powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
0.75 cups dark choc in pieces
0.5 cups sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and flour 24cm spring-form cake =
tin (warning, the cake rises a lot!)
2. Combine water, butter, choc and sugar and melt in microwave, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Leave to cool to room temp.
3. Sift together flour and cocoa and gently stir in choc mixture. Now lightly whisk in the beaten eggs and vanilla.
4. Pour into prepared cake tin. Bake one hour or until skewer comes out clean. I’ve noticed this cake often takes longer than an hour to be fully cooked. If it’s starting to get overcooked on top then put foil on it after an hour. Allow cake to cool before removing from tin.
5. Once cold, ice with choc icing.
Melt choc in microwave, stir in sour cream to form smooth icing. Spread over top and sides of the cold cake and allow to set.
If you want me to email you the recipe in a print format just post your comment below saying: yes, I’ve got something to celebrate, gimme that recipe right now! I’ll send it to straight to you.
Have fun celebrating your successes and good luck with your plans!
Please Subscribe To Get In the Hot Spot