Nobody told me about Blog Action Day did they?! But I found out anyway.
What’s Blog Action Day?
It’s an annual event held every October 15 that unites the world’s bloggers in writing blog posts about the same issue on the same day with the aim of sparking discussion around an issue of global importance.
This year we bloggers all have to write blog posts on climate change. Here’s my humble contrubution.
Don’t Just Sit There, Do Something
Oh, I know, it’s so easy to sit there and think it’s not your problem. Leave it to the politicians and eco-warriors to sort it out.
Unfortunately it is our problem. At the risk of sounding melodramatic the future lies in our hands.
We all have a responsibility to do something about climate change and the good news is that I don’t think it needs to be too hard.
Imagine if everyone in the world resolved to start making small changes. The net result would be huge.
6 Small Changes You Can Make To Help Combat Climate Change
1. Remember to take your own bags to the supermarket so you cut down on plastic.
2. Turn off your computer, TV, microwave, stereo and all other electrical appliances at the wall when you’re not using them. You’ll reduce your electricity bill in the process.
3. Have a car free day once a week. You’ll find a way to get to work with a friend, by public transport, by bike or on foot. And save money too.
4. Go vegetarian once a week. I recommend omelets for supper. Delicious, cheap and healthy you can make them even tastier by adding cheese, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes or anything apart from meat. This will cut down your shopping bill too.
5. Set your washing machine so your clothes wash in cold water. Most of them probably aren’t that dirty anyway so washing them in hot water is chronic waste of resources.
6. Now hang those wet clothes out to dry. Why stick them in the drier when you can save money and help combat climate change by letting the sun and a fresh breeze dry them free of charge?
Thanks for reading
Please Support Me: Tell People About This Website
If you like this article, please Tweet it or email a friend with the link. My clever computer boffin has added a little tool to make it easier for you to email it to friends, or add it to your favorite social media website.
I hear that if you Digg it, or bookmark it on Delicious or Stumbleupon, that will get more readers here. Many thanks for your help, I appreciate it.