Looking For a Talented, Hard-Working Writer?
I’m currently seeking an agent and a publisher for my travel memoir. Set mainly in the steamy jungles of Costa Rica, it’s a cross between Peter Mayle’s A Year in Provence and Gerald Durrell’s My Family and Other Animals, with a Latino twist.
Check out the first 900 words here but please note, I’ve adapted this excerpt to make it easier to read online by breaking the text down into small sections and adding headings and sub-headings. If you’d like to see the full, unabridged manuscript just email me. But hurry up dear agent, please don’t miss out on the hottest travel story this year, it’s first come, first served!
I’ve also written a 65,000 word mainstream fiction manuscript, To Truly Travel, about a privileged young man who’s challenged to travel round the world by his father. I’m currently finalizing it ready to send out to literary agents and publishers in September 2010. Just email me if you’d like to see it first.
Writing Experience and Qualifications
I have an MA in Design for Interactive Media and 15 years experience of writing for the Internet and designing websites. I love writing web copy, writing for search engine optimization, ghost blogging and writing email newsletters.
In fact, I love all types of writing, apart from writing about myself. I have two completed manuscripts, one fiction and one travel memoir, and many loyal, appreciative readers.
I’m a published travel writer with an article about Granada, Nicaragua recently published in The Sunday Telegraph.
My Essential Writer Skills
- Experience in many types of writing;
- Dedicated to writing as a career;
- Extensive knowledge of my writing field, travel;
- Committed and determined to succeed;
- Plenty of ideas: see this blog;
- Open to criticism;
- Online marketing expertise, happy to promote my books offline too;
- Used to working to deadlines;
- A proven readership, see comments about my writing.
My Three Favourite Blog Posts
- If I Were A Geek, Just For A Day
- Live Your Dream In A Material World
- Daylight Robbery, Little Cove, Noosa
To Read My Manuscripts
Please email me at annabelcandy at gmail dot com. I look forward to hearing from you.